Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Seventeenth Sandwiches



On Monday, I started this week by treating myself to one of the top 5 sandwiches the Cornmeal Crusted Catfish sandwich at Matt's in the Market. When I arrived around lunchtime, I faced a 45 minute wait. Finally, Raleigh and I were seated at a window table and we appreciated the lovely view while we were eating. It was also neat to see Matt making drinks at the bar and casually strolling around his restaurant. The sandwich was very hot when it came out. Luckily, we were able to snack on the tasty seafood chowder while we waited for the sandwich to cool down. They definitely did not skimp on the fish for the seafood chowder. Yum! Finally, when the sandwich had cooled to an edible temperature, I took my first bite. The fish was cooked to a perfect level and the cornmeal crust was flavorful and added an enjoyable texture. The aioli had a subtle spiciness - almost like an afterthought sort of taste. It was not a hot spice but the spice was still present. The potato bread was nice but it might have preferred it if it had been toasted. The sandwich was definitely lacking in the crunch factor. Otherwise, it was a lovely sandwich and a beautiful restaurant. I am looking forward to visiting it again.

- Rose

Matt's in the Market
94 Pike Street
Seattle, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment