Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Ninth Sandwich


Today, I had a Thanksgiving Turkey sandwich at Bakeman's Restaurant in Pioneer Square. The restaurant is in a basement and the food is served cafeteria style on a tray. Within two minutes of entering Bakeman's Restaurant, I had already ordered and paid for my sandwich and started to dig in. My sandwich consisted of white meat turkey on wheat bread with mayonnaise, cranberries and lettuce. The sandwich fulfilled but did not exceed my expectations. I appreciated the quantity of turkey but otherwise the sandwich was particularly special. Pioneer Square is a little bit out of the way for me to get to just to eat a sandwich I could make at home. If I'm in Pioneer Square and the line at Grand Central Bakery is too long and I'm craving a simple sandwich, then I'd consider going again.

-- Rose

Bakeman's Restaurant
122 Cherry Street
Seattle, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment