Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Fifteenth Sandwich

I have eaten past the halfway point of my sandwich saga and I am a little sad that it is almost over. The primary reason why I am sad is that it means that I have to start school in two weeks. I am also sad because it has been quite rewarding to eat a sandwich every day. People who know me know that I like to set goals. Not stressful goals like acing a test or abstract goals like "eating better". I like to set goals that are easy enough to accomplish but require some planning or breaking from a routine. Sometimes I set goals for the week such as getting a manicure because I find that when I get really busy I forget to set aside time to relax and chill. A sandwich has been a really cool thing to look forward to and something fun to share with other people.

Yesterday, I celebrated the halfway point of my sandwich saga by treating myself to one of the sandwiches from the Bucket List: The Rajun Cajun from The Other Coast Cafe in Ballard. The sandwich was hot! I started the sandwich with a stuffy nose and by the time I was halfway through, I could smell the grilled onions and spicy cajun mayonnaise. The bread was not too crunchy which was perfect for taking huge bites. It was absolutely delightful. I definitely recommend it!

-- Rose

The Other Coast Cafe
5315 Ballard Avenue NW
Seattle, WA

1 comment:

  1. Yum. As recipient of the other half of Rose's foot-long Ragin' Cajun, I also give it a thumbs-up. The sandwich has been on my mind on several occasions since eating it, if that's any indication of its quality. I can corroborate its nose-clearing effects as well. Now I'll be torn when I'm in Ballard...Paseo at Shilshole? Carta de Oaxaca? Or the Other Coast Cafe?

    ReplyDelete